The campaign for the nomination of candidates for the Global Energy Prize 2006 open
The Global Energy International Prize Executive Directorate is kindly informs you that the process of the nomination for the Global Energy International Prize 2006 is in full swing now.
In accordance with the International Award Committee resolution the nomination of candidates (works) for the Global Energy International Prize of 2006 should be completed by February 1, 2006.
Under the Global Energy International Prize Statute (article 4) entitled to nominate candidates and works for the Prize competition are:
- the Nobel Prize Laureates for physics and chemistry;
- members of the Section of Physical and Engineering Problems of Power Engineering of the Russian Academy of Sciences, including foreign members of the Section, and also RAS members contributing to the Section’s activities;
- members of the International Prize Award Committee;
- the Global Energy International Prize Laureates; and
- scientists specifically invited for the purpose by the International Prize Award Committee
Self-nomination is not allowed.
This year the nomination documents sets were dispatched to 32 countries of the world, among them: USA, Great Britain, Germany, Japan, France, Switzerland, Sweden, Israel, China, Denmark, Holland, Itali etc. 516 scientists are allowed to make nomination for the Global Energy International Prize.